Friday, March 28, 2008

35mm Camera

35mm Camera

Though I use my digital camera for most of the pictures that I take, I still keep my 35mm camera around for some things. Digital seems to be taking over, but there is still something to be said for using film in some cases. My daughter likes to take pictures just like I do, but I don’t trust her with my expensive camera. When she wants to take some photos I had her my 35mm camera and she can snap away to her hearts content.

The 35mm camera that I have was not an overly expensive one, but it was a great camera for a very long time. It still takes great pictures even though I’ve had it for over ten years. Someone I used to know worked in a photo shop, and someone had brought in his or her 35mm to be fixed. The person decided they didn’t want it any longer and bought something else. They told my friend to just throw away the 35mm camera, but instead he gave it to me. It was fully automated and a great little camera. All it needed was a new belt somewhere and it has worked great ever since.

This 35mm camera has been on a lot of adventures with me, and has even survived being dropped to the floor. Luckily one of my friends had her toe in the way when it dropped, sparing my poor 35mm camera for sustaining any damage. There have been other times when it was dropped, shook up, and jarred around, but the thing just keeps on working. Perhaps there is a little Energizer bunny inside. It still winds, snaps, and opens and closes perfectly.

If you have a 35mm and are going to get a digital, make sure you hang on to the film camera. You never know when you may need it, and you may want to have a back up camera incase your digital battery goes dead at a very bad time. I have had to use my 35mm camera in a few moments when I really wanted to take a picture but my digital decided it was time to shut off. It is always great for kids who want to take pictures but haven’t learned how to handle an expensive digital. Film is still a good deal, and sometimes you might prefer the look of film verses a digital print anyway.