Friday, March 28, 2008

Family Photos

Family Photos

The used to be that if you wanted to share family photos you had to make extra prints to give out. Today, you can share your photos the old-fashioned way, or you can share digital prints in many different ways. If you have a computer and a digital camera, you can share your family photos with anyone else you know that also has a computer. You can even share your photos via your cell phone if it works with photos. Though not all phones can do this, many of the newer models coming out handle the only photos or video as well.

The problem I have with sharing family photos is that some of my family is not online. Though my mother used to have a computer, she no longer does. The computer they had died a long time ago, and they have yet to replace it. I can however, share my family photos with my dad, my sisters, my brothers, and the rest of my family via the Internet. This makes sharing photos so much easier, it also saves me a lot of money. Though my digital camera was expensive, in the end I save money by not having to make so many prints.

When sharing family photos online, there are a few things you should remember. When you post pictures of your children the Internet, you cannot control who sees them. If you e-mail them to your family they are likely to remain private. However, if you put them in a public website anyone with access to a computer may view your family photos. Though not everyone is concerned with privacy, many people are. Consider the subject matter and content of your family photos before you post them where anyone can see them.

There is an even better way to share family photos with those who may not have access to a computer. You don’t have to make prints, but you may have to spend a little money. Just recently, I saw a new product in the store that I thought was pretty amazing. It was one of those things that made me think I wish I had thought of it first. What I found was a digital photo album that not only stores family photos, but can store videos as well. All you have to do is put the photos into the frame, and you can give it to anyone you wish.